The days are heating up ever so slightly now in the UK. We’ve sat outside in a beer garden and eaten our first ice creams, so I suppose that means summer is here!
In the summer months, I find that my weekends get booked up quite quickly and far in advance. Most of our friends live elsewhere so we try to make the most of a trip to see them by visiting on the weekend and often staying overnight.
So I thought it would be a good idea to compile a list of ideas (á la Cupcakes and Cashmere) to make the most of the sunny months – inspiration for those elusive free weekends, or the long light weeknight evenings after work!
- Walk the Taff Trail and up the Garth Mountain (followed by a long lazy pub lunch)
- Go swimming in the newly restored Pontypridd Lido that will be opening this summer
- Redesign our garden (it’s a bit of a mess, as described in this post
- Wear my hair up more often, in messy braids and knots (look at The Beauty Department and Pinterest for inspiration)
- Go camping
- Visit Monknash Beach
- Make a crochet daisy headband
- Make a monoprint series using found objects, such as leaves
- Visit Flatholm Island
- Take more photographs
What are your plans for the summer? Do you find to-do lists useful in directing your time and energy or are you more spontaneous with your summer?